twentysomething | filipina | fangirl | kiasu pseudo-singaporean
medical student, germany | feminist | third culture kid
malansang isda | dysthymia's best friend
livejournal | message me!
what to expect here: medical shiz, whining, rants, movies, male objects of affection, led zeppelin, japanese culture, asian dramas, star wars, harry potter and other fandom paraphernalia
shout out to everybody who has school soon
i believe in you
you will be excellent this year
and if you’re not that’s ok too it doesn’t mean you’re not smart
just remember to take care of yourself because your mental health is more important than your grades ok?
group hug ily all
- I discovered I actually can deal with kids pretty well. Like I can speak their esoteric language without knowing the language. Sort of like how Harry potter knows parseltongue
- kids wailing is actually a melodious background ward music. It has that effect
- I can’t deal with suffering kids though
- my ovaries can’t deal with cute bebez
- I don’t know if I’d be bored with the bread and butter of hypospadiae and herniae day in and day out
- ugh I wish I got some chance to suture a bit
- had a minor crush on my supervising MO cos he was so down to earth but ugh bitch Know your place you idiot!!! I think I might’ve been obvious. He had this cute squint and premature signs of androgenic alopecia lol. I ship him with his superior tho (whom he hates and who’s kinda anal retentive and overly critical)
- we had the best nicest boss evar
- things in general went better than expected. I thought I’d hate my first ever famu in Germany but it was ok. Some days I felt really out of place and alienated but most days it felt normal
- highlights: omphalocele op, nephroblastoma resection, paediatric whipple op
- definitely improved on social skills. I’m getting the hang of cultural nuances
- was a translator for foreign Erasmus med students for a while. Felt good to be useful for once and also to speak English for a while
- most senior doctors are still white men and I dunno why I let myself be intimidated. I need a feminist power up
- I have a feeling I might have fucked up my dermatology test fml
You should follow @blindchow
This time last year I was unemployed, broke, and suicidal.
Today, I just got the keys to my first house.
Give it time.every time I see this, I reblog it.
my parents are going on their first holiday trip alone in about… decades perhaps? like no kids, no errands to do, no annoying relatives. just the two of them in a foreign country. really hoping this would rekindle some ol’ sparks though that’s kinda gross even just that thought of it ewwww
Short doc on the Tiny House movement (houses smaller than 200 sq/ft), specifically following one guy building his own tiny house, by hand, by himself. If you plan on building your own place, this is worth watch, otherwise, I think I better TH intro docu is We The Tiny House people.
comic about how I’ve been feeling recently
do you ever hang out w/ someone and realize it’s not what you wanted to do and then you’re trapped for a few hours